Sunday, October 19, 2008

Reroofing, Fall Break and New Hair- and All the Pics are mixed up!!


I am not very blogger smart at all right now and it is late so all my pictures are backwards!! Anywho!! If you read the paragraph the pics explain themselves!! LOL
Well I have a couple of weeks to update so this blog might take a while! Read if you dare!! LOL We started off last weekend by letting the kids get on the roof with us and help rip some of the shingles off the house. Jon and I being young and stupid thought that we could re roof our house ourselves with some amazing friends might I add and be done by the end of the weekend! (slight smirk with a giggle) No that is not what happened- by Monday night at 11 pm I am on the roof praying that our neighbors don't call the police because we are nailing shingles STILL onto the roof!! Jon kept saying will you shut up and let me finish- it is going to rain!! We were up there until 1AM and we still were not done!! We knew rain was coming and we had to get tar paper laid and everything covered!! We made it through the rain with no leaks and our roof looks really good!! We have on more spot to finish but we are pretty much done- other than making sure around the house is good and clean! Jon and I have learned a few things reroofing our house together. 1.) We are going to write a book "If You Want to Test Your Marriage-Reroof Your House together. It will Make or Break a Marriage! LOL We had some really tough, irritating, and uncomfortable moments- but we love each other a lot and think we want to stay together another 50yrs or so, and 2.) We will hire someone next time to do it for us- we were really stupid! LOL We talked about it though and we are really proud of ourselves for what we have accomplished!! Fall break started on Wednesday and it rained so we had a movie day, Thursday they just wanted to play outside, and Friday I took the kids to Ray Harrel nature park and they ran around and were big explorers! It was fun and got us out of the house- even if Drew didn't believe that I hadn't got us lost!! He is such a guy!! LOL! Then, I have been desperately trying to decide what to do with my hair it was getting freakishly long for me and I was tired of putting it in a ponytail bun!! Let me know what you think?! I hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Do I look like a grown up?!


Madison tossing shingles to the ground!

The mighty explorers (Extra kid is Kayla, Maddie's friend)
How big was that spider?!
CJ- was tired and wanted me to carry him- me with the weird ponytail-bun!!

Climbing on the roof


I am helping Mom!!
Busy girl!! Gotta get to the top!

No comments: