Monday, July 21, 2008

Bible School

I love bible school. I remember it as a kid ya know the sit down, stand up song they used to play. Walking the flags and the bible down and how you were money if you got picked to carry one of those things, and the importance of not letting the flags touch the ground. I always was nervous watching the other kids carrying the flag because I knew that if it touched the ground there might be a flag burning ceremony (never happend but they sure scared the crap out of us huh?) I just love the piece of wood that you painted with broken tooth picks or pieces of sticks that up close you couldn't tell what it said but when you walked away you could read JESUS. So cool. Game time is what my kids talked about tonight. I remember game time at my church so fun Jennifer Nelson and I would get taunted my Beau Bradshaw and maybe Steven Roberts because they were the competive boys! LOL Cameron his brother was older and in elementary school he was my romance and always somewhat saved the day. All of us have kids now- except Cameron he is with Jesus now. Thinking about those amazing times like making Peanut Butter balls rolled in coconut that we took home on Friday night when our parents came to see ALL the crafts we made that week, it makes me miss Cameron- what his wife would have looked like or how many babies he would have had. Just so unknown. I wonder if he has met my Savannah yet? Anywho. I went to Starbucks with a friend tonight for my time out and we got to chat. We have wasted a lot of time not being friends- it is funny how God changes your heart when you never thought your heart could change again. She was and is my friend. It is amazing what God has brought to my mind taking my kids to Bible school. My kids played a game tonight that they all loved- it had to do with bubbles in a pool and what they were thankful for. It was really funny listening to them try to explain. I love them so much. It made me start thinking about what I was thankful for- my husband he is utterly amazing, my kids the ones that are still with me- they make me so frustrated and so proud and happy in the same thought, my parents who have loved us(my brothers and I) unconditionally, my church what an amazing place to worship and seek Him, I am thankful for friends- new ones, old ones, prodical ones, ones that left in anger that were probably misunderstood, grace, I live off of it. I am thankful for Jesus who with out Him I am nothing, Family, Family, Family in whatever form that God gives them to us. Hope- that one day I will see my Savannah again in a place I can only dream about. I still every so often struggle for a breath- I sometimes feel I have failed my other children on the days it hurts to breathe but I keep getting up and trying again, I am thankful for that. I just keep wondering how I deserved all of this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lauged, I cried, and laughed again. My darling Daughter, you should write a book! Love ya, Mom