Sunday, July 27, 2008

Interesting Little Scenerio

Well- I am sending out a little (well rather big) prayer request. It's a funny thing what God calls people to do. We are learning that God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the Called. We are searching for what God wants us to do. Jon and I believe we are being called to join our churchs Medical and Dental mission team that goes to Nicaragua each year. We as happy surburban lifed people have really been settled with the attidude of "that is not what I am called to do" well frankly our hearts have changed. So now we lay on our faces trying to search out what God wants us to do. If we choose to go It will be the July-20th- July 27th, 2009, exactly a year from now. There is a lot of prayer, money, and emotional investment going into this trip. So, we are asking for prayer in our decision and frankly I think I need an audible reply from God in one form or another! LOL (Actually, I am quite excited about it!) All the advice thrown at us and prayer support is greatly accepted.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes-

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is going to be far away from us...I don't want any more new neighbors. But I will pray for you, because maybe that is your calling.

amanda torres said...

Exciting!

Ashley said...

Sounds like to me you already know what you are supposed to do... :)

Anonymous said...

I would say "go for it"!!!

The summer before my senior year of college I was part of a medical/dental mission team that spent a week in Guyana, South America. I absolutely LOVED my experience! It was definitely eye-opening, but teaching others about God while giving them medical care was such a blessed event in my life.

I pray your circumstances end up so that you can be part of such a good work!