Sunday, February 10, 2008

Chatting about Life

Well Friday was the first hard day I have had in a long time. Savannah would have been 15 months old. It is amazing to think what she would be doing right now. I daydream sometimes..... I have kept myself really, really busy lately. Since the 1 yr anniversary on December 21st I have kinda moved into a new frame of mind. It is selfish but one friend said that this should be the year of "me." I don't know if I like that term or not. I intend to lose weight, how much I don't know yet. I want to be healthy and feel good. I have been doing Weight Watchers and praying a lot so we will see. I am up to 10lbs lost. I have a lot to go but like I said grief eating has not helped at all!! I did the hospitality room for Drew's wrestling club; we hosted a tournament at the end of January- I fed between 150-200 people it was big and I think I did ok. I am still President of the PTA at the kid's school so that keeps me realitivly on my toes, and I was on the nominating commitee for the new Broken Arrow PTA board. It didn't take up much of my time, but there was a lot of thought to who should be the board over all the Broken Arrow PTA's so I wanted to help make a good decision. Jon and I are doing good. We are in a really good place in our marriage right now. It will be 9 years in June and I can't imagine one day without him. I spoke to a woman who lost her husband almost a year ago and she made the statement " He was the love of my life- I am just adjusting to being alone because no one can fill his place." That my friends is a road I don't want to cross for another 60 years if ever. Maybe Jesus will come back and we can go together. It hurts my heart for her I told her I know how I feel losing a child I can't imagine losing a spouse. I just know that God has really saved us. Not even in a salvation sense this time, but just helped us and our ability to keep going. On another happy/sad note- CJ will be 4 on Tuesday. He says "Mom don't call me baby- I am a big boy!" He is a big boy! I will doing my ode to CJ on Tuesday with pictures of him and I am sure a story of something terribly naughty or extremely funny that he has done. My kids light up my world- they are wonderful and I am so lucky. I am truly blessed. OH! On the HeartWalk note: I am really close to my HeartWalk 2008 goal. I have $300 and my goal is $500!! I am amazed at the outpouring of love in this goal of mine!! I will be walking 3 miles on April 12, 2008!! I will put the website on this blog again!! If you can't donate that is ok. I just love showing Savannah off a little! We are grateful people, and I just want to help in anyway I can for this project. We may not have been able to save our little girl, but maybe we can save someone else's.

Here is my link!!
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=247421&supId=198823323

Love to all-
Sarah

1 comment:

amanda torres said...

You are so amazingly strong!